Friday, September 23, 2011

Feeling Blessed

I should really be showering and packing since I planned on leaving my house over an hour ago for a fabulous 4 day weekend away with my girlfriends. Instead, I've been reveling in a morning to myself. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, good coffee, and playing with pictures of my beautiful children. I figure my friends would understand. I have an entire weekend with them and never get time alone, so I'm taking this morning.

This time alone and my ultimate decision to take the weekend away, has led me to one conclusion: my life is wonderful. I am lucky beyond lucky. I have an amazing husband, fabulous kids, a great family, wonderful friends, a great job, and so much more.

Today, I'm grateful that I can take a weekend away with friends for the first time in 7 years (I think). I'm grateful that my children are alive and able to hug me and goof around. I'm mean look at those faces.
I'm so lucky to have these precious children call me mommy.

I'm grateful for a husband who is my best friend and my life. I'm grateful for my mom who watched the Dancing Queen all week because she was sick and unable to go to school. I'm grateful that I have a job where I can go away for a couple of days and people can appreciate how much I need it.

I'm grateful for so many more things and this morning, I can see it all. But mostly, at this moment, I'm grateful for these smiles.
What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that you are having a time away with your friends and hope you enjoy every minute of that time. The butterfly and dinosaur will welcome back a refreshed mom. Yes, you are a lucky young woman. ENJOY!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, I am grateful for naptime that is allowing me to catch up on my blog reading :-)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Thanks for inspiring a grateful spirit in me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a fabulous time with your friends! Wait until you see how awesome it is!!

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...