Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank You

I've only visited DC as a tourist once. (I've been there for work on several occasions, but taking depositions in a hotel conference room looks the same no matter what city you're in so those don't really count.) My mom and I visited one of my friends when she interning at the NIH one summer.  I must have been in college when we went, but I don't remember the year at all.

We drove through the night in August in the rain. It was a gazillion degrees and humid like a sauna. But, DC was lovely. We shopped in Georgetown, we stayed in Maryland, but what sticks out to me most, was visiting Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknowns. I remember thinking how great the sacrifice so many have made for us and in support of this great nation. No matter what I think of politics (click here, here, here, or here to see), I still love this country and believe it has the potential to be great again once we can move past the current climate of "me, me, me".

One of the main reasons this country is great, is because of the sacrifice of the soldiers, sailors, airmen and women, and their families. All who have served are appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 comment:

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...