Saturday, April 9, 2011

X*Y!%PT^SI)2G

I left the Mad Scientist and the Dancing Queen at the hospital, headed home and planned to make dinner for myself and watch a girly movie to wind down before going to bed very, very earlier. As dinner finished cooking, the Mad Scientist called. The docs had learned what bug landed DQ in the hospital: R.S.V.! For those uninitiated, this is one of the nastiest virsues out there. And it is especially hard on young ones with immune problems, with heart problems, and with lung problems. For someone like DQ with all of the above, it is no wonder she ended up in the hospital on the first day that she showed symptoms.

I am devastated.

When DQ was so, so bad in February, she had the metapneumovirus, which is the same kind of virus as RSV, but not quite as bad. These type of viruses are what scares me most. They are the hardest on her poor, fragile body. This virus is known to do such damage, that some children with healthy lungs before it, end up with asthma because of it. Knowing that my baby is being ravaged again by one of these horribly nasty viruses makes me want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. SCREAM!! That sweet child should not be constantly battling some destructive illness. She should be on the red slide in her sunglasses with her cute, cute smile. I want to scream myself!!!!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am screaming for you. If the kids were awake, I'd have them screaming too.
    Keeping my fingers crossed this passes ASAP and thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...